2016 HEALTH INSURANCE ENROLLMENT GUIDELINES
For Businesses with an Employer/Employee Relationship
One of the many benefits of Chamber membership is the availability of group health insurance. We currently offer health insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield of WNY, Independent Health, and Dental Pay plus (Dental), and VSP Vision (Vision).
New member business owners with 2-50 employees (owner/manager counted as one) may enroll in health insurance during the calendar year. Businesses with at least two partners who do not have additional employees are also eligible. Eligible members must work at least 20 hours per week.
Applications and payment for new enrollments must be received in the Chamber office by the 10th of the month and will be effective the 1st of the following month. New individual enrollees can be added during the year due to a qualifying event, such as new hires, birth of a child, loss of coverage due to divorce, etc.
Applications can be obtained from the Chamber office and when returned to the office, must be accompanied by:
- A copy of your business’ most recent year’s filed Federal Tax Forms as proof of active business. For new businesses a copy of your business certificate of DBA may be used.
- Form NYS-45-ATT for the most recent quarter as proof of employment and showing that least one employee. If the name of the employee enrolling in coverage does not yet appear on the NYS-45-ATT, proof of employment (pay stub) must be provided. If you are a business owner and do not appear on the NYS-45-ATT, your name must show on your business Federal Income Taxes. For partnerships with no additional employees, at least two partners must provide a copy of a K-1 as proof of partnership.
- All applicable company applications and fees
- Payment for the quarter or remaining months of the quarter must accompany all applications including the quarterly marketing/referral fee and the $35 application fee.
- Monthly billing is available with a monthly marketing/referral fee.
Health Insurance has a marketing/referral fee of $40 quarterly and $25 monthly
Dental Insurance has marketing/referral fee of $25 quarterly and $15 monthly
VSP Vision Plan has a marketing/referral fee of $12 quarterly and $5 monthly